CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Red Cross Blood Drive




Chris and I participated @ a Red Cross Blood Drive this past friday night at church! It was my first time giving blood...the giving blood part was okay but some of the questions were so silly...Such as...I handed the lady my drivers license and this was the conversation that follwed:



"Whats your name"



"Rachel Shearer"



"Can you spell your name for me please"




Really? Really? So that just seamed a little silly...other than that the only painful experiance was the finger "poke" it was so not a poke! It was a stab with a giant knife!!!!!!!!! Okay well it was a poke but it felt like the giant knife wound more! Chris had a little bit of a bruise from his bc when he was almost done the blood stoped coming out and they had to wiggle his needle around! YUCKY! In all our Stake donated 66 units of blood! Woo Hoo!







3 comments:

Jessica said...

One time while giving blood, the lady stuck the needle all the way through my vein. I had a huge bruise for weeks. Not fun!!!

Alicia said...

You are brave! I have never willfully given blood.

Rachel and Chris said...

I only did it bc Chris just got called to EQP and he was in charge of the sign up...i would have been equally happy if I never did it!